GoDaddy Studio (Over) vs Canva: Which option is right for your business?
Both GoDaddy Studio, formerly known as “Over”, and Canva offer companies access to a variety of valuable design tools they can use to create crucial branded assets. With these straightforward and easy-to-use platforms, companies can create everything from custom logos, to branded social media content, unique videos, and digital graphics.
However, while GoDaddy and Canva both have overlapping features and capabilities, they each offer unique features and benefits which may make them more appealing to certain business owners. Today, we’re going to take a closer look at the pricing, benefits, and features of GoDaddy Studio (Over) and Canva, to help you make the right choice for your company.
GoDaddy Studio vs Canva: Features Overview
As mentioned above, GoDaddy Studio and Canva have a lot of similarities, they’re both tools created to help companies create stunning graphics and visual assets, with ease. You don’t need any design knowledge or coding expertise to use either of these platforms, and both solutions are relatively affordable, with a range of pricing plans to choose from.
Ultimately, Canva is a great option for those in search of a versatile easy-to-use design tool. The platform is extremely flexible, with solutions for creating custom documents, PDFs, whiteboards, presentations, and even branded merchandise. Key features of Canva include:
- A drag-and-drop visual editor for easy customizations
- Hundreds of thousands of free templates
- 100+ design types, including presentations, letters, social media posts and more
- An AI-powered logo design tool
- Millions of free photos and graphics
- A wide range of printable products
- Collaboration tools for team-based design strategies
- Advanced editing and design tools
- Social media content scheduling
- Cloud storage
- One-page website builder
- Brand kits for establishing your visual identity
- Soundtrack and audio editing
- Specialist tools for educators and schools
Alternatively, GoDaddy Studio is a comprehensive design solution designed by the GoDaddy hosting and software brand. The intuitive platform is intended to help companies design custom content in minutes, with tons of designs to choose from for documents, social posts and more. Key features of the GoDaddy Studio platform include:
- Thousands of royalty-free images, templates, fonts, and videos
- Branded social media content creator
- Comprehensive photo editor with no design knowledge required
- A mobile app for on-the-go editing
- Link in bio creation for social media
- Custom logo maker with industry specific templates
- Instant video editor for TikTok and Instagram
- Simple drag-and-drop editing tools
- Background removal and color correction
- Website building tools with GoDaddy domains
- Guidance, support, and analytics
- Shapes design tool
Canva vs GoDaddy Studio: Ease of Use
Simplicity is crucial when choosing the ultimate design tool. The easier your solution is to use, the more likely you are to leverage it to create amazing assets. Fortunately, both Canva and GoDaddy Studio deliver in this regard. Both platforms feature a simple and straightforward interface, with pre-designed templates and convenient stock photos and illustrations.
Over’s interface breaks down into a collection of helpful sections, including a “Discover” tab, where you can find design hacks and how-to articles to guide you. The “Templates” tab gives you quick access to a range of design options for things like logos, mockups, quotes, and so on. Plus, there’s a section for accessing free resources like videos, and stock imagery.
Canva has it’s own handy search bar to help you find the exact template or design tools you need. You can also create a new design from scratch, or choose from a range of templates and layouts. Compared to Over, Canva does have a lot more options to choose from in terms of design styles, which could mean it takes a little longer for some users to get used to everything.
However, the solution is extremely straightforward, and there are plenty of blogs, articles, and how-to guides available on the website if you need a little extra guidance. As an added bonus, Canva gives users the option to invite other employees to work alongside them on graphic design projects. This makes it easier to produce content as part of a team.
GoDaddy Studio vs Canva: Pricing Options
Now we come to one of the most important considerations for many business leaders in search of design tools: Pricing. Let’s start by looking at Canva. Canva comes with a selection of plans for individual users, teams, and educational groups.
The free version of the service includes access to Canva’s drag-and-drop editor, more than 250,000 free templates, 100+ design types, more than a million free photos and graphics, and collaboration tools. You also get AI-powered design tools like Magic Write and Magic Design, 5GB of storage, and a range of printable products. Paid plans include:
- Canva Pro: £99.99 per month for 1 person, with all the features of free, plus millions of premium templates, stock videos, photos, audio, and graphics. Up to 100 brand kits, magic resize, Beat Sync for audio syncing, more AI design tools, social media content scheduling, 1TB of cloud storage, and 24/7 customer support.
- Canva for Teams: £129.90 per month for the first 5 people, with all the features of Canva Pro, plus SSO, ISO 27001 certification, and team reports/insights.
The Teacher and School Districts plans are priced according to your specific needs, and come with the features of Canva Pro, plus some additional LMS integrations and training tools.
GoDaddy Studio is available to access for free, but GoDaddy recommends combining your package with a website builder plan for full access to all the features. Prices include:
- Basic: Starting at $9.99 per month for SSL certificates, custom domain connectivity, 24/7 support, social media and email marketing tools, and online appointments.
- Standard: Starting at $10.49 per month for all the features of Basic, plus SEO, more social media platform connections, and extra email sends.
- Premium: Starting at $14.99 per month for all the features of Standard, plus extra social media platforms and posts, more email sends, recurring appointments, and events.
- Enterprise: Starting at$16.99 per month for all the features of the Premium plan, plus ecommerce features like flexible payments and shipping, discounts, promotional features, and product listings.
Canva vs GoDaddy Studio: Pros and Cons
Both Canva and GoDaddy Studio are excellent tools over all, but they each have their distinct pros and cons to consider. Let’s take a closer look at them side by side.
- Exceptional ease of use for beginners
- Countless templates and design options
- AI-enhanced editing tools
- Collaboration features for teams
- Easy content exporting
- Social media scheduling tools
- Brand kits for teams
- Excellent mobile app
- No offline editing tools
- Limited apps and integrations
- No phone support
- Limited free version
GoDaddy Studio Pros:
- Exceptional ease of use for beginners
- Integrations with domain and website builder tools
- Versatile range of templates and editing tools
- Social media connectivity
- Free version for beginners
GoDaddy Studio Cons:
- Limited features
- No collaboration features
- Subscription costs can be quite high
Our Final Verdict
Ultimately, if you’re looking for a straightforward and convenient design kit, both Canva and GoDaddy Studio have a lot to offer. They’re affordable tools for the most part, and both have free plans, a drag-and-drop interface, and a host of features to explore.
However, GoDaddy Studio is a little more limited in scope if you’re in search of a wide selection of design assets. On the other hand, Canva may take a little more time to master, based on its huge selection of features.